Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Catching my breath...


Lots of posts today - after a long period of not many. I'm adjusting. In fact, truth be told, I'm overwhelmed with what I'm experiencing here in the 21st Century. I'm having trouble keeping up.

Your pace is FAST. Information is "ON" all the time. And you hear about EVERYTHING. You have to be like those guys in the commercial who live under a rock to NOT hear about all the stuff that is happening all over the world: revolutions, earthquakes, tsunamis, budget troubles, frustrated governments, frustrated people... I find it hard to get past the first three without my head exploding. You must have developed some very strong filters to keep it all out.

Trouble comes when those filters are so good they keep us from caring... and from doing something about it. About what? Anything. Lots of options. Getting involved is how we were made to be (blessed to be a blessing!). It is when life is most meaningful. Look around and find a place to get involved and roll up your sleeves.

I love Wheat Ridge Ministries because they love to help people/congregations make a difference, focused on new health and wellness ministries. One of many examples of people making a difference with the help of Wheat Ridge is Phil's Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment